Software Developer in Test
Velocify is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service companies in the country, providing the market-leading solution for intelligent sales automation and cloud-based telephony. Velocify’s software is designed for high-velocity sales environments and helps sales teams be much more productive and successful by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights.
Velocify has grown fast by hiring an exceptional team and by fostering a unique and vibrant company culture that rewards and nurtures extraordinary talent. In addition to exceptional HR benefits the company provides a well-stocked kitchen, a casual working-environment, a TV/games room, and has a thriving company-sponsored social calendar.
Software Developer in Test
As a Software Developer in Test at Velocify, you will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. We are looking for a strong contributor with development and testing talents to help us assure that our highly scalable web application meets the highest standards.
- Collaborate with other Software Developers in Test and Development Engineers to build and evolve a scalable continuous build, deployment, and test framework.
- Implement and maintain test automation and frameworks, performance testing tools, and other quality inspection tools
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests.
- Be an ambassador for Agile QA by practicing principles such as TDD and ATDD
- Write and execute test plans, design and develop test tools, debug and report code bugs and push quality upstream.
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Execute and interpret and report test automation results.
- Research and develop test automation best practices.
- 3+ years minimum experience
- Open and willing to join an agile, fast paced work environment
- Experience in the world of Object Oriented programming such as: C#, Python, Java or C++
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, such as but not limited to QTP, Selenium, WatiN, NUnit and Sahi.
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.
- Experience with BDD frameworks such as R-Spec, Cucumber, Steak, J-Behave, Concordion, Twist
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to explain, present, and showcase concepts and concerns to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be familiar with entire Software Development Life Cycle process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to learn and research issues independently
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree.
- Great Place to Work - Velocify maintains a better than 4 star rating on Glassdoor.com and was named a “Best Place to Work” in 2015, a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. (Link)
- Well-Funded and Financially Rock-Solid – Velocify is venture backed, having raised over $20M from Tier 1 VC-firms.
- Hyper-Growth – Velocify has been recognized as one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies on Inc. Magazine’s Distinguished “Inc. 5000″ List for 2 years running (Link) and Velocify has been a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Company for 4 years running. (Link)