About the Job
With our clients we work on innovative solutions. A few examples of our projects: for a hardware producer we developed an app and gateway using LORA Triangulation. For an international airport we developed a platform that traces luggage trollies via a MASH network. And for different retailers we have developed the software for controlling robots in pick up locations, including the product catalogue and the mobile app for browsing, ordering and picking up your groceries. Projects we work on have a high impact for our clients and are innovative solutions (IoT, Big Data, and cutting edge Web Applications).
We’re looking for a Principal Java backend developer to lead a team of (senior) Java backend developers on one hand, and on the other hand work hands-on on projects as Lead developer.
Our principals have the ‘highest level’ of technical knowledge in a platform at Mobiquity, and are responsible for software design and technology decisions on projects.Responsibilities
- Are able to work across many projects or work streams at once
- Are capable of mentoring senior developers
- Represent the construction team during design phase, verifies design and approach, and works with architects throughout the build phase
- Work hands-on on projects: design and develop server side applications using Java, Spring, SpringMVC, Hibernate and other open source technologies. Design and develop enterprise RESTful web services.
This is a full-time role in Eindhoven with occasional travels to Amsterdam. Your profile
We’re not looking for a minimum of years; what works for us is you having solid experience in a senior lead position, with end delivery responsibilities. And experience in mentoring senior developers (preferably in an Agile environment).Technical skills
- Developing RESTful web services using JEE/Java/Spring
- Experience with at least one or two RDBMS, such as Oracle, MySql, or PostgreSQL and use of Hibernate, ORMs and/or jdbc
- Experience with integration frameworks such as Apache Camel or Mule
- Understanding of document description languages such as JSON and XML
- Working knowledge of SCM with strong emphasis on Git and Git Flow
Our main working language is English, so a good command of the English language is required. And if you have a good sense of humor and a passion for technology, than we’re looking for you!Offer
We offer a challenging learning environment and cool creative and innovative projects. You join a growing team of creatives, all working to bring their expertise to the customer. We coop in teams, learn from each other ánd our employees represent the best talent from around Europe and beyond, and we're very proud of what we've achieved already!
We offer you a range of nice perks too: a competitive salary, trainings via our Mobiquity Academy, health insurance compensation, a free pension plan, 25 holidays + bank holidays, travel costs compensation, free fruit, Friday afternoon drinks, and lots of fun in the office! And with 30+ different nationalities in our Amsterdam office you could say we have a diverse culture, and we’re proud of it!
For knowledge migrants we offer a relocation compensation and help in obtaining a knowledge migrant status including the favorable 30% tax ruling for foreign knowledge workers in the Netherlands. Apply
Here’s what you need to do to apply: please upload your resume and details in the section below. Does it sound impersonal or is it too much hassle? You can also email our recruiter Elaine Runderkamp with your CV on email@example.com