Sequoia, LLC (www.sequoia.com
) is a full-service employee benefit and insurance consulting firm specializing in the design, communication, and management of employee benefits, 401(k) and risk management programs.
For over a decade, clients have partnered with Sequoia to reduce their costs while improving the experience for their finance department, HR team, and employees. Sequoia helps clients save many millions of dollars each year – money that can be redirected to help grow their businesses. By combining superior client service with our expertise in benefits, risk management, and human resources, we maintain over 97% of our clients – year after year. Sequoia is one of the largest independent benefits and insurance consulting firms in California, and we have realized this growth through our satisfied clients.
- Conduct initial business development
- Design, implement, communicate and service employee benefits programs for new and existing clients
- Present market analysis to clients and prospects
- Drive and manage the client decision making process
- Conduct enrollment meetings, and partner with the Client Service Management team throughout the implementation process
- Provide ongoing service to Sequoia's clients
SEQUOIA'S CULTURE – Employees, our most important asset, exemplify:
- 7+ years of successful sales experience in outside sales, business to business sales, or business development with a professional track record of high achievement in sales
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff, and Human Resources Professionals
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation, and closing skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and a commitment to coming through for people
- Must be resourceful, responsive, team focused and committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Preferable a broad understanding of employee benefits, including: plan design, renewal process, and strong customer service
- Success with selling payroll or HR systems (ADP, Paychex, Ceridian, and HRIS) or selling insurance & financial services (P&C, Northwestern Mutual, NY Life) is a plus
- Must pass industry certification; training will be provided
- Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Passion for service
- Caring for others
- Focus on relationship building
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs. Sequoia, LLC is an equal opportunity employer located in San Mateo, CA.