Category Manager (m/f) (Polish Language Required)
We are looking for a talented, smart, driven and entrepreneurial leader to help us profitably grow our business in Germany. Candidates with consultancy experience are encouraged to apply!
In this role, you and your team will work with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to advance your furniture categories business agendas. You will be working heavily with our Polish suppliers and therefore Polish language skills are essential for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will create strategy and define objectives for your category and team
- Run and coach the negotiation of favourable business terms on costs of goods sold
- Seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics
- Develop and manage supplier relationships, drive results and own the business/financial analytics for your categories.
- You will be a self-starter and a creative problem solver and the type of person that is ready to jump in and drive initiatives forwards at all levels.
- You’ll know your competitors up and down and focus on how we can take market share from them.
- You’ll get great experience in people and project management, negotiation, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain, inventory planning and beyond.
Skills and Experience:
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Experience in winning and driving independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams and individuals – externally and internally
- Hungry to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience with high level negotiation and winning favourable business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Team management or leadership experience
- Fluent in Polish and English
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.