Flash Sales Events Buyer (m/f)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Flash Sales Events Buyer based in our Berlin office to produce exciting flash sales events for our German website. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious graduates who have a flair and passion for the home and are interested in a role with a rapid growth trajectory. We’re looking for an Ecommerce Event Buyer to work across multiple categories including furniture, home accessories, toys, baby and youth, home improvement and much more. The role would suit a recent graduate or someone with some post-graduate experience.
- Plan, manage and produce several Daily Sales promotional events per week to revenue and profitability targets
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and develop pipeline of sales events
- Collaborate with Merchandising/Event Production team to maximize sell through and item velocity
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Analyse event performance data to determine areas of improvement and report on event and category performance periodically
- Forge and expand strong vendor partnerships
What we are looking for:
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter
- Strong organisational skills
- Interest in developing negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Professional, bright, and customer-focused
- Fluent German language skills
- Sense of humour/great attitude
Why work for us and become a Wayfairian?
- Come work with us in an entrepreneurial and performance driven environment with lots of energy, ideas, analytical minds and the passion for design and furniture
- We are not a start-up anymore, but have kept the spirit of creating and building up a brand we believe in
- Great office space? Check. Inspiring workplace? For sure. Lounge areas? Yes. Fresh fruits, ginger & snacks? Always.
- Be part of our ever-growing team in Europe with regular team events, company parties and networking opportunities—we want you to connect
- Open-plan office with plenty of comfy collaboration areas, meeting rooms and phone booths to connect with other offices across the EU and US
- Grow with us: We offer a vast selection of classes for you to develop yourself to higher levels of professionalism and we provide lots of internal possibilities for new roles
- We want to help you to find the right work-life balance and support you in your gym membership and office sport events and Yoga classes but also offer regular Health Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting projects
- We grow, you win: Wayfair shares the company with you in stock units
- We encourage you to think outside the box and test your ideas with your team
- Healthy & sweet at the same time: Fresh fruits, ginger and various snacks throughout the week
- We like to give back and pay your workday with a charity of your choice and work with Habitat for Humanity on a regular basis
- We are so awesome; we even have our employees in our commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aky3FOGrr4
- Be part of something great and become a Wayfairian!
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with international offices in Berlin, Galway and London.