Associate Director – EU Product Quality & Performance
Locations: London, Lutterworth or Berlin
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to join our Operations team. We are transforming a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network that can deliver the right product in excellent condition to our customers. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. We are looking for a general manager who can operate effectively in a warehouse environment as well as negotiating across the table from a CEO. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization and with our vendors, they must also possess strong senior presence.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom home goods & décor are a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings.
- Develop and own the EU product performance road map and metrics
- Build, manage and mentor a team of 10-20 individuals responsible for executing on a multi-dimensional road map to provide our customers with a consistently excellent fulfillment experience.
- Consulting type engagement with Suppliers and Carriers on, e.g., packaging and quality improvements, handling methods
- Utilizing packaging technologists and warehouse teams to perform, e.g., value added services, quality auditing
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and execute negotiations to secure operational improvements
- Drive technical and business projects to support new functionality, monitoring and reporting throughout our network
- Build a library of standards and best practice packaging design, repackaging and over packing solutions
- Pilot and evaluate innovative solutions to reduce freight handling issues and action damage in transit issues
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Supplier Operations, Buyers and Logistics
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of supply chain, general management or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. People management experience required.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Innovative problem-solving skills and strong analytics
- Willingness to travel to locations throughout Europe
- Fluency in English; fluency in at least one other major European language (German preferred)
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization.
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with international offices in Berlin, Galway and London.