Logistics Manager (m/f)
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to join our European Logistics team. As an integral part of the team, the candidate is responsible to build and maintain relationships to logistics service providers. The successful candidate will be key in the creation and management of a world class transportation network. At Wayfair, we work with many different carriers to ship products, from small items such as spoons to large items, such as an assembled wardrobe, across all of Europe. So life in our logistics team never gets boring!
As a Logistics Manager you…
- Build and maintain a network of strong logistics partners to ensure high delivery quality
- Own the monitoring and reporting of carrier performance and customer experience, pinpointing areas where we can improve
- Independently run site visits across Europe to spot improvements in our carriers’ operations and drive tangible improvements
- Design and execute pilots with our carriers to improve delivery experience to our customers
- Develop best practices for handling our products, adapt and transfer them to our partners
- Optimize our freight carrier portfolio by continuously follow up on improvement actions or by integrating new carriers
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- You have a few years of experience in Key Account or Sales Management, ideally in the logistics environment
- You are fluent in English and another major European language, especially German is highly desirable
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get down to the operational aspects of freight transport and delivery
- You get right at the problem, find the solution and get people together or on the phone to make it happen
- You can multi-task and organize yourself well and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- You are extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- You are willing to travel across Europe for carrier site visits
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.