Wayfair’s Operations Process Improvement team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic Product Manager to help improve operational performance. This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert to assist stakeholders in understanding the outputs increasingly dynamic system.
The ideal candidate operates with independence, enjoys digging into data to diagnose system issues, can understand both business problems and their proposed technical solutions, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Translate high-level business problems into more detailed functional specifications of required technology solutions
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency or usability of our existing software tools
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated record of strong project management and driving results
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinking and constant desire to make processes better
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- An interest in being continuous challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business discipline, or MBA a plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.