We are looking for an experienced candidate to head and develop our Storefront Engineering Team in Berlin.
Our Storefront Team is responsible for handling and scaling our highly-visible, highly-trafficked eCommerce site. They constantly increase the utility of our site, writing code that serves pages to all of our customers.
- Build and lead a team of engineers in Berlin and help shape the future direction of our e-commerce platform
- Be the engineering visionary to partner with product management for future application development, including personalization, omnichannel, payment processing etc.
- Implement and improve the team’s processes and best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Work on features with parity across desktop and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Customizing apps to meet the needs of European customers and adding innovative new features
- Coordinate releases and testing with the storefront team based in Boston
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer and demonstrated ability in at least one programming language such as PHP, Python, Java, or C#
- 4+ years as a team lead for a larger multifunctional development organization
- Proven leadership skills managing, mentoring and growing high potential Software Engineers
- Ideally a university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to run software development projects through full project cycle and to deliver exceptional results
- Expert understanding of web architecture and data driven applications
- Comfortable designing and coding RESTful services on the web server and expert knowledge of designing and building native app code and user interfaces to connect to those services
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Knowledge of SQL
Nice to have:
- Professional experience in eCommerce
- Experience working in a geographically diverse technology organization
- Experience with mobile (iOS and/or Android) and successful app releases in the App store (Google and/or Apple)
- Ability to design and build a mobile feature including both the app and the back end data services.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization.
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally.
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.