The EU Merchandising Director will boost engagement & conversion rate on all European Wayfair websites by offering the largest product selection with an increasingly compelling website experience to our customers across all key pages. A large distributed team will be managed by the EU Merchandising Director using practical know-how and adopting various approaches.
The Director will manage and oversee all key site merchandising functions for Wayfair in Europe including site navigation, homepage programming, and webpages merchandising. They will also manage all merchandising data operations functions including new product addition, tactical product updates, and strategic product class changes. As an expert on how our customers shop the Director will advocate for the needs of our European customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
The Merchandising teams are in charge of building an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with leaders across the company including the country GMs, Storefront/Engineering, Creative, Content, Operations, and Marketing. The European Merchandising teams are located in both Berlin and London.
- Champion website’s customer experience for Wayfair in Europe
- Data analysis and management of data intensive processes to drive business by defining and implementing specific throughput and quality goals
- Serve as the subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic to the sites, in particular for parts of the sites at the top of the purchase funnel that drive awareness and engagement
- Relentlessly drive improvements to site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve site engagement and conversion rate and drive revenue growth
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and customer experience across the sites and product categories
- Collaborate with other Merchandising teams in the U.S. leveraging common platforms and sharing and applying learnings
- Oversee and perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on the sites
- Develop deep relationships with all European leadership team members as well as key US functional counterparts to enable rapid change and deliver significant business value
- Build, lead and mentor a team of 80+ merchandisers in London and Berlin (likely 25-50% travel depending on base)
Skills & Experience
- Customer-oriented, strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Experience with web analytics preferred
- Proven track record of managing data driven processes at scale
- Proven track record of driving change as well as driving and achieving business results
- Proven track record of managing cross functionally to deliver complex projects
- Skilled leader of large teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Several years of top-tier consulting experience OR track record of progressively increasing responsibility in online marketing/product management OR merchandising leadership preferred
- Business fluency in both English and German strongly preferred; native level in at least one a significant advantage
- Masters or MBA preferred
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package
- We are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization.
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally.
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with international offices in Berlin, Galway and London.