Operations Process Improvement is an internal consulting team that seeks to make things run more efficiently by using technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, and Warehousing) and find opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce costs.
Wayfair's Operations Process Improvement team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic business analyst to help improve operational performance. This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert to assist stakeholders in understanding the outputs increasingly dynamic system.
In this role you will
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
Who we're looking for
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A demonstrated record of strong project management and driving results (preferably in an e-commerce setting)
- A basic understanding of application database and system design, though no coding experience is needed
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree in a technology or business discipline
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.