Senior Product Manager - Warehousing and Field Logistics (m/f)
If you're passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Process Innovation department and lead our Warehousing & Field Logistics product team.
You must be able to transform data into insights and strategy to improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will lead a team of business analysts and oversee the execution of the technology roadmap for the Warehouse Management platform. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new tools and enhancements, and ensuring that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate project-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
Your team will be managing the end-to-end project management life-cycle for technically complex strategies, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and post-launch support. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this Senior Specialist would also help craft the long-term vision for platform technology products and help scale important customer-facing programs driven by these products.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain technology platform road map and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of business analysts
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of a proprietary 3PL (third-party logistics)platform from a warehouse management perspective
- Develop new core competencies through technical innovation in Wayfair’s internal supply chain
- Unify a diverse set of functional tools into an extremely intuitive, efficient and comprehensive vendor portal
- Work with warehouse management staff to build processes, workflows, and tools that increase efficiency and fuel a scale-proof future of the operation
- 6+ years product management experience working with operational systems
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock unit
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.