CastleGate Fulfillment, a subsidiary of Wayfair, is the #1 direct to consumer fulfillment business in home goods. CastleGate’s leading drop-ship operation boosts sales by delivering products to customers faster, safer, and at lower cost than ever before. Orders received ship out same-day with guaranteed next day or 2-day delivery. CastleGate fulfills orders for both Wayfair and drop-ship orders for many other leading retailers. Launched in 2010, CastleGate pairs cutting-edge technology with unparalleled operational excellence and support to offer a complete suite of fulfillment services including warehousing and inventory management; pick, pack and ship; and packaging services
CastleGate Fulfillment, is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial Senior Account Manager to support the building of our new business. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, including identifying new business opportunities, developing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers on identifying new opportunities for expansion, developing a competitive strategy, and managing and developing a team of account managers. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running.
The role requires a leader who can align external supplier partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers, such as inventory planning, pricing, operational performance, marketing/promotions, and merchandising.
- Develop and implement account strategy to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best skus, sales programs, and promotional support
- Advance fulfillment customer expansion, including the identification of new products to add, identifying new opportunities for expansion, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers
- Advance category expansion, including the identification of top suppliers to pitch and sell, the prioritization of new item addition, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers
- Train, mentor, and develop account managers
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Relationship and account development skills, ability to interface with senior business leaders to support closing of sales
- Quantitative skillset including business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Experience building and managing teams
- Track-record of delivering business results
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Professional level of German highly preferred
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.