CastleGate Fulfillment, the #1 direct to consumer fulfillment business in home goods, is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial senior operations person to support the building of our new business. The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and optimizing day-to-day operations for CastleGate Fulfillment Services, which includes onboarding new accounts, identifying and prioritizing process improvement opportunities, and proactive and timely problem identification and resolution.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and goal-oriented, and is comfortable with cross-functional collaboration and consultative customer service. He/she has demonstrated success in aligning stakeholders across an organization and communicating a strategic plan to senior leadership. He/She is able to build robust relationships with key suppliers and advocate for those customers’ needs to improve the CastleGate offering. The ideal candidate has successful project management experience and can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. He/She also thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly. He/She is a skilled manager, able to provide strong direction, remove roadblocks, and coach team members to success. The Senior Operations Manager can work both at a strategic level (driving innovative improvement) and at a tactical level (analyzing customer and fulfillment center data, solving operational problems real-time, pivoting between projects quickly).
- Lead the development and execution of operational strategy to support the launch and growth of the CastleGate business.
- Manage day-to-day operations and onboarding of new accounts.
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers as a trusted advisor and to solve problems.
- Work collaboratively with groups company-wide, including Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Planning, Category Management, Supplier Performance, Data Integration, Merchandising and Logistics.
- Monitor and report on key service level metrics for fulfillment customers to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Lead process improvement initiatives across the business that support scaling of CastleGate offering;.
- Manage, coach, develop operations team.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Three to five years or more years of operations improvement, project management, and/or entrepreneurial management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Experience in successfully hiring, developing and managing a team.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.
- Professional Level of German highly preferred
Why work for us and become a Wayfairian?
We strive to become the #1 online furniture company in Europe, be part of our story!
- Work in an entrepreneurial and performance driven environment with lots of energy, ideas, analytical minds and the passion for design and furniture
- Be part of our ever-growing team in Europe with regular team events and networking opportunities—we want you to connect with your team but also with everyone else
- We are not a start-up anymore, but have kept the spirit of creating and building up a brand we believe in
- Open-plan office with plenty of comfy collaboration areas, meeting rooms and phone booths with 100+ screens and 60+ webcams to have a choice for everything from small informal to big business updates where you need to connect with other teams across Europe and the US.
- We enable you to try new things and test new ideas without the unnecessary bureaucracy
- We support you in your gym membership and office sport events and Yoga classes but also offer regular Health Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting projects
- Be part of our growth: Wayfair shares the company with you in stock units
- We like to give back and pay your workday with a charity of your choice and work with Habitat for Humanity on a regular basis
- We are one team, but also have lots of individuals groups to join: sports, books, developments, special interest groups
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.