Junior Buyer (m/f)
Wayfair is currently seeking a talented and motivated entry level Buyer to help expand our vendor portfolio and build out product selection across categories including furniture, décor, housewares and DIY. Based in London, this role would suit a recent graduate with an outgoing personality and a genuine interest in eCommerce and interiors.
Our buyers increase our product selection by identifying new products to sell on Wayfair, establishing relationships with external suppliers and partnering with our Category Management team to prioritize product addition efforts. Strong negotiation skills along with relationship building skills are essential.
We are seeking candidates who aspire to grow into a more senior position within the buying department by taking on more responsibility with a results-oriented, proven track record.
What You'll Do:
- Pitch and sell a partnership with Wayfair effectively to prospective suppliers
- Fiercely negotiate for favorable buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity).
- Manage new supplier setup process, collaborating with internal supplier and marketing operations teams
- Optimize the category to exceed specific revenue and margin targets.
- Conduct competitive and product category analysis to evaluate market trends, then identify new designers and brands to increase and expand selection across all product categories
- Develop category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
What You Have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a sales negotiation role focused on target quotas is a plus
- A personable and energetic communicator, eager to build relationships with new business partners
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage, multi-task, and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Accurate and thorough in your work; you don’t miss the details
- An interest in, and/or ability to learn, retail math concepts
- Proficient with MS Excel and Outlook
- Ability to “hit the ground running” – a self-starter capable of achieving specific target goals.
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team and individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Bilingual in any major EU language such as German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Polish
Why work for us and become a Wayfairian?
- Come work with us in an entrepreneurial and performance driven environment with lots of energy, ideas, analytical minds and the passion for design and furniture
- We are not a start-up anymore, but have kept the spirit of creating and building up a brand we believe in
- Great office space? Check. Inspiring workplace? For sure. Lounge areas? Yes. Fresh fruits, ginger & snacks? Always.
- Be part of our ever-growing team in Europe with regular team events, company parties and networking opportunities—we want you to connect
- Open-plan office with plenty of comfy collaboration areas, meeting rooms and phone booths to connect with other offices across the EU and US
- Grow with us: We offer a vast selection of classes for you to develop yourself to higher levels of professionalism and we provide lots of internal possibilities for new roles
- We want to help you to find the right work-life balance and support you in your gym membership and office sport events and Yoga classes but also offer regular Health Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting projects
- We grow, you win: Wayfair shares the company with you in stock units
- We encourage you to think outside the box and test your ideas with your team
- Healthy & sweet at the same time: Fresh fruits, ginger and various snacks throughout the week
- We like to give back and pay your workday with a charity of your choice
- We are so awesome; we even have our employees in our commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aky3FOGrr4
- Be part of something great and become a Wayfairian!
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.