Quality Assurance Specialist
Wayfair is looking for a talented and business minded individual to join our Operations team. The goal of the Operations Team is to delight our customers by consistently delivering the best selection of products for the home to each customer fast, on-time and clean (without damage).
With over 7 million products and thousands of suppliers globally, this is the career opportunity of a lifetime. The job will include direct access to product through our Distribution Centers and working with our warehouse leads to drive down damage rates across all Wayfair brands and product classes. Flexible problem solving, ability to build relationships and excellent communication skills are a must. We are a fast growing company, so we are also looking for people who are nimble and can quickly adapt strategy or workflow based on current trends/results. Role is based in the Lutterworth area.
- Work with warehouse floor staff to execute Open & Inspect process for inbound shipments to assess products and assign overpack or repack requirements for damage reduction
- Monitor warehouse staff execution of packaging and assist with training floor associates in this function
- Conduct daily audits of all packaging inclusive of inbound and outbound
- Monitor inventory transactions and shipments coming into our packaging and Quality Control processing area
- Manage follow-through on general damage and Quality Control related solution implementation with warehouse staff and assist with performance monitoring
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing reporting tools and processes to enable more efficient troubleshooting/resolution of issues
- 2 years of warehouse floor experience working in a quality or packaging focused position
- Strong multitasking skills with adherence to deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills. Ability to speak confidently and work effectively with both warehouse staff and senior business stake holders.
- Able to juggle many projects at many stages of development at one time
- Ability to work well independently and cross functionally
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Ability to be certified and safely operate powered industrial equipment
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.