Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial Promotions Buyer to build and execute strategy for our high-growth Housewares business via our Promotions platform. Promotions manages Wayfair’s primary customer touchpoints, including email and the homepage. We curate assortments and negotiate superior deals to drive growth and engagement with Wayfair.com. We collaborate closely with category managers and are a critical element of the overall category strategy.
In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance the category strategy using promotional tools. You will be a key driver of the business and produce curated promotions and flash-sale events that have material impact using market trends, seasonal trends, and internal data. Promotions play a critical role in integrated marketing campaigns such as major holidays (Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Black Friday) and media partnerships. You will gain exposure to a large group of key suppliers, negotiate favorable business terms for participation, develop innovative promotional strategies to drive results, and assist in category level analysis.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter with passion for product and a creative eye. You will work on a fast paced team and see real-time material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to travel to trade shows in hot spots like New York, Atlanta and Chicago where you will negotiate partnership and strengthen relationships with your vendors.
This is a perfect role for someone looking for general management experience in e-commerce with a creative angle; you’ll also gain experience in negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain planning and beyond. More senior buyers will have an opportunity to manage, develop and motivate a team to execute on the category growth strategy.
- Develop & drive a business strategy that has material impact on category growth
- Collaborate frequently with other departments (Category Management, Creative, Operations, and Pricing) in order to drive revenue and profits across entire catalog
- Analyze event performance and internal data to identify areas of opportunity
- Train, mentor, and develop junior buyers in producing effective promotional events
- Build & maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Analyze competitor marketing and pricing
- Collaborate with the Creative/Marketing team to curate exclusive Wayfair Sale Imagery
- Collaborate with Merchandising/Event Production team to maximize sell through by improving customer experience
- Bachelor Degree with a strong academic record
- 2-5 years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or other relevant experience
- Ability to work at a fast pace and adhere to strict deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot quickly when required
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions
- Some experience managing others preferred
- Sense of humor/great attitude—we are a hard-working team in an open seating environment
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor