Wayfair Canada is looking for a general management athlete to join the team. This role will be focused on developing and building a high-growth, high-potential portfolio of suppliers in te home categories which include Furniture & Decor, Home Improvement, Lifestyle Consumer and Appliances & More. He/She will have true ownership over a large group of suppliers across categories that have a material impact to the business.
The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. He/She will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, as well as identifying new business opportunities, developing internal and external relationships and negotiating with key suppliers on pricing. Other areas of focus will include expanding the catalog and developing a competitive strategy for the Canadian market.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Advance catalog expansion, including the identification of selection gaps, the prioritization of new item production, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams to drive change (Planning, Advertising, Merchandising, Operations, PR, Finance, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required, SQL is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree
- 1-3 years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.