Wayfair is seeking an insight-driven, entrepreneurial and energetic leader to lead promotions and curation for our core Furniture business (both indoor and outdoor).
The Promotions & Curation team is broadly tasked with engaging and exciting our customer. We maintain the everyday ‘conversation’ with her through they key touchpoints - our email, the homepage and our print mail catalog. We tell stories thorugh unique assortments of product that are practical, fun and solution-oriented. We keep Wayfair fresh and exciting.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with external supplier partners and internal cross-functional teams (including category management, brand/creative, marketing, pricing and inventory planning) to execute your strategy and build your business. You will manage a team of buyers who conceptualize, design and execute promotional events and curated assortments using market intelligence, seasonal trends and internal data. You will analyze real-time clickstream data to understand and diagnose performance of your vertical and the events your team creates. The is a General Manager role with an even mix of left and right brain thinking.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter with an analytical mind, a passion for product and a creative eye. You will work on a fast paced team and see real-time, material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to travel to industry trade shows in hot spots like Las Vegas and High Point, North Carolina where you will strengthen relationships with your core suppliers and negotiate new partnerships.
This is a perfect role for someone looking for general management experience in e-commerce with a creative angle; you’ll also gain experience in negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, supply chain planning and beyond. This role also involves managing, developing and motivating a team to execute on the category growth strategy.
• Develop & drive a business strategy that has material impact on growth of the overall Furniture category on Wayfair.com
• Innovate on promotional concepts, creative and messaging
• Build and maintain relationships with key supplier partners – work with them to develop a promotional strategy that creates lift across their business and ours
• Collaborate productively with cross functional partners (Category Management, Creative, Marketing, Operations, and Pricing) to drive action and realize goals
• Apply analytical rigor to identify success drivers and areas of opportunity
• Train, mentor, and develop junior buyers in producing effective promotional events
• Build & maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
• Analyze competitor performance, marketing and pricing
• Bachelor Degree with a strong academic record
• 3-5 years of consulting or retail merchandising/buying/marketing experience
• Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources, managing through change and ambiguity
• Articulate, persuasive communicator with well-developed collaborative instincts and skills
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems with an affinity for data
• Experiencing managing a team of junior resources towards a common goal
• Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
• True team player - positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic, ‘can do’ attitude
• Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products; ability to provide critical aesthetic feedback and direction
• Able to travel ~3-4 times per year
• Sense of humor/great attitude—we are a hard-working team in an open seating environment
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.