The US Payroll Team is responsible for the preparation of our biweekly payroll processing and ensures they are in compliance with SOX guidelines. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly process and reconcile payroll data, bonus payments, general ledger activity and financial reporting.
- Compile and review submissions to ensure all data has been captured. Update bonus templates as needed.
- Contributes to month end closing activities, reporting and issue resolution.
- Reconcile and analyze GL account reconciliations and supporting documentation with a focus on compliance.
- Review payroll reports each pay period and during month end/year end close to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data.
- Prioritizes workload as established by Payroll Manager and refocuses efforts to accomplish objectives independently, accurately and timely.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in an accounting role or payroll role, preferably working for a publicly traded company
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. (NetSuite experience is a plus.)
- Excellent communicator – Verbal and written.
- Experience reconciling general ledger accounts including cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accrued expenses
- Possess solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Able to quickly learn new systems, processes, procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- A proactive, detail oriented team player
- Energetic and able to multi-task and thrive in a high energy and fast paced environment
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.