Wayfair is looking for a driven, highly analytical supply chain professional with proven experience creating processes, driving improvement, leading teams and championing innovative thinking. This inventory management leadership position will be responsible for driving scalable inventory management strategies across the company. To do so, you will need to work with teams across the company and be a thought leader by influencing others all while maximizing customer experience, sales, margin, and turns.
As part of the Operations Planning & Analysis department, this Associate Director will drive system and process improvements while partnering with internal stakeholders to realize supply chain efficiencies. This leader will demonstrate strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and will be responsible for financial analysis and decision making related to inventory purchasing, managing overstock inventory, promotional buys and improving overall inventory efficiency. This person will work with engineering teams across Wayfair to optimize buying systems such as those that generate forecasts and orders to position our retail store for long term growth.
The successful candidate will have hands-on, senior level operations, retail or inventory management experience, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent business judgment. Candidates should have demonstrated an ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Build, manage and optimize our inventory management strategy, systems, and processes
• Ensure all inventory systems and processes meet the needs of the business. Where this is not the case, you will need to invent new processes that meet our needs.
• Work with our tech team to ensure their product roadmap includes all relevant use cases and integrates with the inventory management tools we will need to run the business
• Develop and execute inventory strategies to optimize sales, turns, and inventory health, maintaining excellent in-stock rates
• Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as in-stock rate, procurement lead time, fill rate, forecast accuracy and turns
• Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing unproductive inventory
• Drive root cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, developing action plans and project managing improvements
• Perform audits of inventory management-related tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Automate whenever possible
• Understand product lifecycle and effectively optimize forecasting, planning, and procurement parameters.
• Partner with Supply Chain to communicate and plan the operational impact of planning and sourcing decisions.
• Possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities along with the ability to apply this data to drive decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
• 6+ years of experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting and/or finance with a history of driving results
• Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
What we offer:
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.