Central Logistics is looking to add a Linehaul Operations Manager to their Corporate Transportation group! This person will apply critical thinking skills and industry experience to effectively plan and manage direct (1 way) and multi-stop truckload routings in the Wayfair Transportation Network. The Transportation Planner is responsible for daily planning and execution of truckload routings within a defined regional footprint in the US. The planning activities are to ensure that executed routings balance service commitments and cost-effectiveness while maintaining strong relationships with carriers, origin locations, and delivery destinations. In this position, you will:
• Review system-suggested multi-stop truckload routings to manage capacity concerns, service commitments, and cost-effectiveness.
• Plan ad-hoc dynamic multi-stop truckload routes utilizing available orders that are ready to be shipped.
• Identify additional orders to add to routes to maximize cubic capacity on loads.
• Design pickup and delivery schedules working with carriers, origin locations, and delivery destinations to ensure timely processing of freight through the network.
• Dispatch loads to carriers as required.
• Communicate with carriers on service requests and issues.
• Identify cost and service performance opportunities in existing static lanes.Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 – 5 years of logistics experience – preferably in load planning or dispatch.
• Strong communicator
• Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail.
• Extremely organized, meticulous and detail-oriented
• Experience working with transportation management software
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• Able to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
• Able to lead discussions and communicate effectively
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015. The company employed 3,809 people as of December 31, 2015 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.