The Wayfair Middle Mile Team is looking to add a Transportation Planning Manager to help support the growth of their linehaul network! This person will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of Crossdock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL movements within a defined regional footprint in the US. Candidate will utilize extensive knowledge of distribution and supply chain processes, to create efficiencies that drive velocity and reduce spend. Additionally, the Transportation Planning Manager will apply existing industry knowledge to define/implement standards of measure as it relates to both operational execution and fiscal oversight. This person will also be expected to identify and manage quality external transportation partners to create lasting value add.
In this position, you will:
• Create a daily dispatch/loadout plan for the Wayfair Ops team to ensure timely movement of merchandise. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
• Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow. Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
• Contribute strategic insights on network design enhancements.
• Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and cost metrics, and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on volume forecasts and business priorities. Serve as the key operational stakeholder in carrier business reviews.
• Develop/Map/Benchmark Wayfair Middle Mile SOP’s and KPI’s to be implemented across the Middle Mile Transportation network.
• Work with Wayfair building operations team to identify opportunities to improve volumetrics/ reduce damage.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
• Highly analytical. Ability to work with large and complex data sets to draw/summarize conclusions.
• Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, as well as PC Miler or similar, highly desirable. Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
• Experience managing MM transportation spend, and implementing performance and cost metrics within an operation. The ideal candidate will have experience scaling a multimodal transportation network.
• Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement that translated into hard savings.
• Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
• Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
• Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
• AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
• DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
• Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.