If you're passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Operations Product Innovation team.
You must be able to work collaboratively to design solutions that cross technology platforms and operations groups. You will work cross-functionally with experienced Product Managers and serve as overall business architect for large initiatives, ensure that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level.
What you will do:
- Become a deep expert in the technology that drives a subset of operations and learn enough about related platforms to know which teams need to be consulted or involved in projects.
- Develop a relationship with operational teams and act as their liaison to the operational technology platforms, eliminating the need for them to have to navigate increasingly large and specialized product and engineering teams
- Act as both business architect and program manager for large cross-functional initiatives, starting from eliciting requirements, facilitating cross-functional design sessions, lobbying for required resources, and acting as the “PM of PM’s” for the initiative.
- Align stakeholders, report on progress, oversee implementation and own the overall solution for the initiative
- Assist with the development of product road map for the team
- Manage sprint prioritization and trade-off decisions for a team of dedicated engineers
- Help fashion detailed user stories and requirements for product initiatives, and assist a cross functional team of designers and engineers to bring them to life
- Monitor and report on the success of the initiative to executive sponsors
- This is not a primarily project management role! It requires strong technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as strong operational & business sense
- Anticipate operational and technical issues, assess scope, understand cross-platform impacts
- Ensure that the solution being built is robust, flexible, and scalable
- Drive automation of manual operations tasks
- Large Appliance purchase, delivery and installation
- Offering large-scale assembly services to customers
- Small parcel zone skipping capabilities
- Physical clearance centers
- Arranging consolidated deliveries for B2B, registry or trade customers
- 6+ years’ experience in product management or design and implementation of operational systems
- Excellent facilitation skills, demonstrated experience in resolving ambiguity
- Proven track record working with complex process and technology needs from vision and strategy through implementation
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical background, or technical orientation, consulting background a plus
- Strong cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA/Masters a plus
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.