At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences. As a Senior Associate Product Manager, you will play a critical role in that process and given the opportunity to drive complex cross functional projects to fruition.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
A day-in-the-life of a Senior APM is extremely self-driven and will include: translating customer problems into action plans, vetting customer feedback against analytics to opportunity size, leading Sprint planning meetings and orchestrating the workflow, and sharing results across teams and senior leadership.
- At their core, Senior APMs at Wayfair are strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they can have an immediate impact on critical business decisions. Senior APMs are strong communicators who are eager to learn, endlessly curious, take pride in hard work and are committed to rapidly advancing their careers.
- Wayfair is a fun, fast, dynamic culture with a strong team vibe where everyone is out to ‘win’ for our customers.
- When you join Wayfair, you join one of Boston’s fastest growing companies, currently cultivating the next generation of marketing leaders by staying on the forefront of digital technology.
What you will do:
- Build product features that are used by and delight tens of millions of consumers every month.
- Assist in the development of the product road map for your team, spanning all devices (App, Web, Mobile Web), all our retail brands, and all our international locations
- Manage sprint prioritization and trade-off decisions for a team of dedicated engineers
- Help fashion detailed user stories and requirements for product initiatives, and assist a cross functional team of designers and engineers to bring them to life
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into platform enhancements and new features
- Measure the impact of your initiatives and report performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization; you will be communicating to all levels of the organization.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.