Wayfair is a leader in the ecommerce space for all things for the home (couches, end tables, lamps, and literally 7+ million other items). HOWEVER, we're still small with that startup feel within engineering. We're in a continuous deployment model as we've always been.
We're looking for sharp, logical thinkers who aren't married to a particular language and can easily adapt to our mix of PHP, Python, Hadoop/Mapreduce/Java, and even a little C++ underneath it all. We have a massive amount of data under all of this so good SQL skills (of any kind) would be ideal as well.
Projects include working on our main e-commerce site to deliver a more engaging ecomm experience for our customers. As you’ll see from the new site design, we’ve abandoned the busyness that plagues most sites (even the big ones) and we’re working to more effectively court our users during their online experience. We have many concurrent projects currently that include everything from our revolutionary recommendation engine to the nano-second processing of orders. *** This position is on-site at our Boston, MA headquarters - not a freelance / remote / telecommute opportunity ***
We don't care what language you grew up with...we have a wide array of technologies here. OO skills are great; functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well. An ideal candidate has:
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience with an OO language. We run a modified LAMP stack, but employ Engineers with a huge variety of technical backgrounds
- Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read our Engineering Blog
Find us on Facebook
Check out our YouTube Channel
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.