Wayfair Mobile is hiring! We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to join the team. We have a native Wayfair App on the Google App Store with +200,000 downloads.
- Help shape the direction of a small but strong team (2-3 full time mobile developers) and help move Wayfair to a “mobile first” mindset.
- Build delightful user experience with beautiful UI, animations, and performance.
- Contribute ideas to improve our team’s processes and best practices based on your experience.
- Work with the team to create new consumer and internal Android Apps.
- Create a framework for faster roll out of new flavors of the Wayfair App and brand new projects.
- Expand the current offering to include new features and UI (Material Design).
- Design and improve on our existing UI and App flow.
- Improve performance of the App, both technology-wise and business-wise.
- Contribute to out process by writing automated unit and integration tests for use in a continuous integration environment.
- Occasionally contribute to the development of a RESTful Service (PHP) required to enable new App features.
- Great communication skills and a sense of humor.
- A desire to work as a team member on an excellent mobile team and be a positive change creator internally and across the company.
- 4+ years of Android development – experience in Java, ORMLite, and Google Volley.
- Apps already on the Google Play Store.
- Experience writing apps that consume RESTful services.
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture.
- In depth knowledge of Android Studio, Gradle, GIT, and the Google Play Store.
- PHP and SQL knowledge.
- Experience writing apps for retail is a big plus.
- Experience with multi-language and multi-country Apps also a big plus.
A Few of the Perks:
- Be part of a team of great Android developers using Scrum.
- Have a measurable and highly visible impact on the revenue of a multi-billion dollar public retailer.
- Help ensure the company’s future as a “Home” category leader.
- Amazing company culture where we try new things, measure results, and actually have a work-life balance too.
- Equity grants.
***This is an on-site opportunity and not freelance, contract, telecommuting***
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $747.3 million in net revenues for first quarter 2016. The company employed 4,604 people as of March 31, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.