Our Front-End Engineering team is responsible for bridging the gap between Design and Backend Programming on an Engineering team of 600+ and a family of sites that sees over 55 million visitors per month.
Through the translation of mockups / wireframes into scalable / maintainable coding patterns across 5 primary brands and three international sites, they work closely with Design and Full-Stack Engineers to maintain the company’s visual web standards within our codebase.
We’re looking for a talented Engineer who knows how to balance a passion for logic and problem solving with a keen eye for design to join this growing team.
- Writing clean, elegant, performant HTML/CSS code in support of our 5 E-commerce sites, internal applications and supplier extranet.
- Problem solving on the fly to diagnose site issues and execute solutions utilizing various debugging resources such as in-browser development tools (Chrome DevTools, Firebug), mobile device emulation/remote testing (Chrome Emulator, Safari Remote Debugging), Git (git-blame, git-bisect), SublimeText Plugins, and code-triggered warnings/logging (PHP fatals, debugger, console.log, Sass/template compilation errors).
- Working seamlessly with Designers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to translate designs/wireframes into HTML/CSS code.
- Understanding and employing engineering and optimization best practices with regard to frontend web standards, code maintainability, page rendering, and browser performance.
- Masters degree (design, media, or related) and 3+ years of relevant working experience
- OrBachelors degree (design, media, or related) and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Orif no degree than 8+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in CSS/HTML, including the ability to code from scratch without a framework, and a strong focus on code reusability, performance and faithfulness to design
- Mentoring or prior supervisory experienced desired
- Experience scaling front end code across a larger team
- A Creative/Design background with an instinct for UI/UX
- Knowledge about coding considerations for Mobile/Tablet devices, including responsive/adaptive design
*** This position is on-site at our Boston, MA headquarters - NOT a freelance / remote / telecommute opportunity ***
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $747.3 million in net revenues for first quarter 2016. The company employed 4,604 people as of March 31, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read our Engineering Blog
Find us on Facebook and Twitter
Check out our YouTube Channel
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.