This opening is for current students looking for internships starting in the Summer of 2017.
Our Engineering Team is looking for dynamic, hardworking and talented students to join us in the Summer of 2017. As a Software Engineering Intern you will dive right in to a number of complex technical projects while also gaining a better understanding of our business. Coming in you will have the opportunity to work within one of the following groups:
- Storefront Engineering: This is one of our largest engineering groups and it is responsible for the full stack development, frontend engineering, search technologies and mobile development for our site.
- Fulfillment Platforms Engineer: This group builds capabilities to efficiently get our products to the customer and provides visibility into those processes. This group includes our Warehouse Management Systems, Sales Applications and Transportation engineering teams.
- Product and Partners: Our Product and Partners group manages product data and imagery, and exports this data to third party market places. This group is also responsible for the management of our 7 million + product catalog.
- Marketing Engineering: This group works closely with our Analytics and Marketing team to develop and manage a collection of processes which drive new and returning customers to our site.
- Internal Platforms: This encompasses several different engineering groups that are focused on building and improving tools utilized by internal stakeholders. This includes our Financial Engineering, Order Management, Performance Engineering, Intranet, Infrastructure and Development Tools groups.
No matter the group you are in, interns are given ownership of both full scope projects and live tickets. To help you along the way you will be assigned a mentor who will serve as subject matter experts to ensure an impactful and productive summer experience.
What makes an internship at Wayfair different from a traditional enterprise software development internship elsewhere?
- You will be involved in the full project life-cycle – from concept to deployment
- You’ll work together with business leaders to brainstorm on how to solve the challenge at hand
- You’ll take the first stab at coming up with the technical designs
- You’ll be exposed to a broad spectrum of technologies and programming languages
- You’ll be surrounded by a world class team of some of the brightest engineers around to help improve your designs and jump start your knowledge
- You’ll have easy access to upper management who want to hear your ideas
In addition to the projects and work you will be exposed to Wayfair interns also have a lot of perks too including:
- Monthly “pod” outings with your team ranging from midweek lunches to kayaking on the Charles River
- Fun intern events like our Annual Wayfair Olympics, the Boston Harbor Cruise “Codzilla”, and a scavenger hunt around the city
- Lunch time panels with senior leadership in engineering
- Access to our Women@Work networking and speaker events
- Free snacks and fruit
- Craft beer from one of our 4 office taps (only for those who are 21+)
So if you’re innovative, pragmatic and collaborative and are looking for a company that offers influence, recognition and advancement Wayfair is the place for you.
At Wayfair an ideal candidate has:
- Students on track to graduate in December 2017 or May 2018 with either a BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with full stack and/or mobile development
- Knowledge of object-oriented and/or functional programming
- Experience or exposure to SQL and HTML
- Exposure to or a high level understanding of the MVC pattern
- Great communication skills along with the ability to clearly and effectively discuss project work with others