The Controllers group is looking to add an Accounting Associate to their Financial Reporting team! This person will play a key role in the monthly close process and will report to the Accounting Manager. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
Who we are: The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually
What you will do:
- Contribute to month-end close, quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Reconcile, analyze and track assigned general ledger accounts on a timely basis and resolve any resulting discrepancies.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit work papers and support as requested
- Prepare and book journal entries for various expense accounts and accruals
- Work with members of the Controller’s Team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvements
- Perform special projects as needed.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s in Accounting
- You have 1-3 years of experience in an accounting role, preferably a public/private mix or working for a publicly traded company
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. (NetSuite experience is a plus.)
- Excellent communicator – Verbal and written.
- Experience reconciling general ledger accounts including cash, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accrued expenses
- Skilled in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
- Possess solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Able to quickly learn new systems, processes, procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- A proactive, detail oriented team player
- Energetic and able to multi-task and thrive in a high energy and fast paced environment.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.