Wayfair’s Finance group is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join our team! This role will reside on the financial reporting team within the Wayfair Finance Department. This is a fast scaling position and will be able to offer a lot of career progression at a growing public company. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance.
The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
- Key player in the month-end close process
- Ensure accruals and month-end estimates are accurate and complete
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement account variances
- Preparing monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior management
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested
- Prepare and review the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure company is in compliance with US GAAP
- Work with the Senior Accounting Manager to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvement
- Manage and train an entry level member of the financial reporting team
- Assist in the documentation and compliance with SOX
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years’ experience in public or private accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- Organized and self-motivated
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including experience in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.