Wayfair’s Finance group is looking for a Senior Associate to join our team! This role will reside on the financial reporting team within the Wayfair Finance Department. This is a brand new position and is a net add due to tremendous growth. This is a fast scaling position and will be able to offer a lot of career progression at a growing public company. This is a dynamic role and offers exposure to many areas of accounting and finance. The financial reporting team is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensures they are in compliance with GAAP. Members of this team work closely with various other teams and departments to properly report the consolidated balance sheets and income statement to management monthly as well as public filings quarterly and annually.
Senior Associate, Accounting
- Contribute to month-end close, quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Reconcile, analyze and track assigned general ledger accounts on a timely basis and resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Communicate fluctuations in spend and monthly results to key members of management
- Assist accounting team managers with various balance sheet and P&L reconciliations
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit work papers as requested
- Work with members of the Controller’s Team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist in initiatives to implement improvements
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an accounting role, preferably a public/private mix or working for a publicly traded company
- Organized and detail oriented. Able to work with a high volume of transactions as well as contacts both internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience in translating financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including finance and non-finance professionals
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and financial troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Proactive, energetic and a team player
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.