This position is a senior storage engineer and team lead to oversee the day to day operations of the storage group. This person should have extensive experience in storage architecture and design with a focus on building highly performant and highly available systems. This position requires an extensive background in SAN management and support, including experience with storage fabrics and server infrastructure.
This group oversees all block, file and backup storage throughout the enterprise. This storage environment is the backbone for the entire ecommerce platform.
- Oversee daily team operation, assign work, prioritize tasks, and ensure team is staffed to correct levels.
- Work with other infrastructure teams and business owners to align storage solutions to solve business problems.
- Evaluate storage technologies, work with business to design solutions, create and maintain storage roadmaps.
- Provide level 3 support for distributed SAN technologies - fill lead operational role during escalated Sev1 incidents, ensuring that all required parties (internal and vendors) are on a bridge providing the required input in a timely manner.
- Oversight of root cause analysis related to storage incidents. Investigation into root cause using available information, leveraging vendor knowledge and support, and creation of remediation plans to rectify the problem across the estate.
- Work with vendors in problem isolation and resolution.
- Drive issue resolution, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute consistently on deliverables and communicate status updates and strategic direction to the community.
- Frequently anticipate problems and analyze ways to mitigate the risk.
- Oversee and drive the creation of operational, configuration, and performance health check processes and procedures. Ensure NOC teams are properly trained to interpret and validate storage alerts.
- Minimum of 10 years distributed SAN operational experience running multiple SAN storage technologies in a fast moving, mission-critical, large scale, global, (preferably financial services) operational environment.
- Proven leader with experience managing day to day storage operations & tasks.
- Expert level knowledge in EMC storage technologies (VMAX, XtremIO, VNX, VPLEX, ViPR SRM, ViPR Controller, etc.)
- Experience with storage virtualization technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to get to the root of the problem, assess impact, and develop a resolution plan quickly, leveraging all available resources – is essential.
- Ability to identify tactical quick wins, as well as strategic long term remediation options are both essential skills.
- Provide senior management with strategic and tactical roadmaps for SAN environments.
- Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment based on Cisco MDS.
- Advanced experience with HBAs and multi-pathing software.
- Ability to accurately troubleshoot low level SAN fabric issues: Logical errors, congestion, light budget, etc.
- Strong scripting/automation skills: Python, Unix shell scripting (Bash), Perl, and Powershell.
- Ability to mentor junior Storage Engineers on SAN storage technologies, troubleshooting, and operational efficiency gains.
- Must have expert knowledge of RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, data center level local and remote replication practices, and storage best practices.
- Expert understanding of how server behaviors and IO load patterns affect storage (queue depth, multi-pathing, application IO size, etc.)
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.