At Wayfair, we are looking to grow our Site Reliability Systems team by bringing on board a talented individual to help manage the large scale physical and virtual server environment that underpins our global e-commerce platform. Though focused on Linux systems administration, this individual will be a member of our Infrastructure department with a broad exposure to a range of infrastructure and technologies. A majority of our project focus on scaling our server farm, performance tuning, and automating daily administrative tasks. Some of our bigger projects are to:
- Create and improve tools to aid in monitoring and control of our systems
- Enhance our infrastructure to support a variety of different disaster recovery options
- Build out a new data center in Dublin
- Providing general Unix server administration and troubleshooting for an environment covering over 2000 hosts, both physical and Xen/VMWare virtualized.
- Building new server images, deploying and migrating production systems, and tuning configurations to improve application performance
- Converting one-off and stand-alone systems to use our standard templates and management framework
- Troubleshoot and Resolve technical issues that affect the production environment
- Improve security and performance of infrastructure by working with other teams
- Performing all other related duties as assigned by manager
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- Experience managing an internal Linux distribution in a large scale environment
- Experience working with Unix automation tools, such as Puppet, Chef, and/or Capistrano
- Knowledge of Web Servers (Apache/Ningx)
- Familiarity with load balancing tools and techniques
- Experience working in virtualized environments, such as Xen, VMWare, VirtualBox
- Familiarity with IP and Ethernet networks as well as transport protocols such as Email, FTP, and HTTP.
- Scripting ability a plus, particularly Bash, PHP, Python or Ruby
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.