The Wayfair Display team is our internal ad trading desk. We run ads on websites around the Internet to acquire and reengage customers for our Wayfair, Joss & Main, and AllModern brands. Our campaigns drive significant revenue for the business while boosting brand awareness in the process. We leverage cutting edge technologies and tools including real-time bidding and programmatic buying. We also work directly with leading publishers to run homepage takeovers and sponsorship campaigns. Internally, we regularly collaborate with Wayfair’s product management, creative design, and data science teams to ensure the best user experience for our customers.
As the Associate Director on the Display team, you’ll lead a team of analysts running our display acquisition campaigns. You will expand existing campaigns, design new measurement approaches to unlock additional value for Wayfair, and define the display playbook for each of our brands. This is an exciting role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive projects internally and externally.
- Manage and optimize a multi-million dollar budget to meet ROI goals.
- Closely monitor campaign performance daily and react to deviations from plan quickly.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate a strategy, with an understanding and strategic view on all internal/external factors and influences
- Manage the overall execution, performance, and effectiveness of digital marketing strategies
- Relentlessly drive growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to drive step change improvements in performance.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors, negotiating favorable media and technology deals for Wayfair.
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results.
- Collaborate with creative, data science, and engineering teams to improve the experience of customers acquired through display ads.
- Leverage Excel and SQL to build reports and conduct analyses.
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing small team of analysts.
- Become an internal expert on ad tech
- 5-7 year experienced consultant or investment banker OR online marketing experience - looking to make move to Internet commerce leader and take direct PL accountability
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a small team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Test and Learn practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative backgrounds: mathematics, economics, etc.)
Top MBA preferred
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.