We are seeking an analytic, passionate, self-motivated individual to join our rapidly growing team as a Buyer. This position will be dedicated to delivering a superb customer experience by making excellent assortment decisions informed by our wealth of browsing and purchasing data. A large portion of this person’s time will be spent curating style-driven daily promotions, but we’ll also rely on this person to closely monitor sales trends so that they can thoughtfully drive our everyday catalog business. This Buyer will work closely with a Buying Manager to set and execute the strategy for a product category, develop supplier relationships, drive process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory. We welcome applications from high caliber professionals for whom style & home décor represent a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Our ideal candidate is ~4+ years out of undergrad and has relevant work experience.
• Develop category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
• Analyze event and category performance.
• Optimize the category to exceed specific revenue and margin targets.
• Plan, manage, and produce promotional events each week that resonate with our customers and deliver significant value to the business.
• Create strategic supplier account plans; expand upon existing supplier relationships.
• Fiercely negotiate for favorable buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, and quantity).
• Collaborate with internal teams including assortment planning, category management, operations and event coordinators to maximize efficiency and communication.
• Attend trade shows to source product, drive face-to-face negotiations with suppliers.
• Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas.
• Analyze and report on sales and performance data to determine areas of improvement and financial goal achievement.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• ~4+ years out of undergrad and has relevant work or internship experience (strong preference for experience within an e-commerce organization and/or within the home space).
• Hungry to produce and execute against category goals.
• Articulate, persuasive communicator.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products.
• Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data.
• Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput.
• Willing and available to travel.
• Strong knowledge of Excel.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.