We are seeking a highly analytical and product-savvy leader to join us as the Director of Merchandising Analytics. The Merchandising Analytics team works across a number of functions to ensure that we’re getting the right products in front of the right customers at the right time. The Director will build out and lead this fast growing team and will be responsible for developing the best org, processes, and vision to deliver a best-in-class platform for merchandise decision making. As a key member of the Merchandising leadership team, this Director will work cross-functionally with the GMs across all brands to drive sales and increase overall profit.
The ideal candidate has several years of senior leadership experience and a proven track record in a high-profile, high-pace industry such as e-commerce, technology, finance, and/or management consulting. This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who has a passion for analytics/user behavior and is interested in joining a high growth opportunity as a business leader.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate a product assortment strategy for Wayfair.com, Joss & Main, and AllModern with an understanding and strategic view of all internal/external factors and influences
- Utilize data to understand customer interest as well as business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into offering improvements that solve for both
- Partner with leaders cross-functionally to develop and drive buy-in for the long term Merchandising Analytics roadmap
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of shelf space enhancements
- Evangelize wins across buying, merchandising, and product teams to increase total business sales and profit via improved offering and shelf space decisions
- Relentlessly drive growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to drive step change improvements in performance
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Build, lead, and mentor successful teams supporting all portfolio brands
- MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting or e-commerce
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics preferred.
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with colleagues at all levels across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools.
- Passion for the home goods market is a plus.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $747.3 million in net revenues for first quarter 2016. The company employed 4,604 people as of March 31, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.