Wayfair is looking for an Associate Director for our Operations department with a track record of building great teams and developing high performing employees. The right candidate will have experience developing future leaders and motivating teams, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve complex issues.
What you will do:
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to define and refine product content standards and quality targets
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into specific throughput and quality goals
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Collaborate with teams in Europe and US to effectively manage and scale the business including identifying and solving operational issues, process improvement, and forecasting capacity needs
- Implement new processes, achieve adoption, generate feedback, iterate and improve in very fast intervals
- Lead and mentor a large sized team
- Maintain the highest expectation level for team performance
- MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- High comfort level with technology-driven environments
- Experience managing a large team in ecommerce or relevant operations field
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and how to ‘get it done’ attitude no matter what when time is tight and stakes are high
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus.
- Passionate about improving customer experience
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.