Wayfair’s Operations Process Innovation team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic business analyst to help drive improvements to the software that controls our Transportation network. We are transforming our delivery network to support rapid growth and provide an exceptional customer experience. Our processes and software tools need to be updated accordingly. This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to prioritize, plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert to assist stakeholders in understanding the outputs of an increasingly dynamic system.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Translate high-level business requirements into more detailed functional specifications for technology solutions
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency or usability of our existing software tools
- Review KPI’s and metrics to assess the effectiveness of implemented changes and projected benefit of proposed changes.
Sample projects include:
- Revising the process for picking up returns of bulky items from customers.
- Implementing tools to better predict delivery costs & timeframes for customers.
- Testing and improving features related to our local route planning and delivery tracking mobile app.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A basic understanding of application software and data, though no coding experience is needed
- 2-4 years related experience working with software or supply chain systems
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Creative thinking and constant desire to make processes better
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $747.3 million in net revenues for first quarter 2016. The company employed 4,604 people as of March 31, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.