The Small Parcel Initiatives team is looking to add an Operations Analyst to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: Small Parcel Initiatives team is an internal consulting team that designs and implements new projects and initiatives within our Small Parcel business. These initiatives are either improvements on our current processes and introductions of new services with the goal to further optimize our supply chain and improve the customer experience.
What you will do:
- Provide analytics and business support for designing and implementing Small Parcel projects and initiatives.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis.
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology.
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL and other software applications.
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy.
- Scope out and introduce such services as Small Parcel assembly.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of Wayfair’s promise to delivery fill rate identifying major drivers of the miss and work with suppliers and carriers to improve performance.
- Conduct analysis of Wayfair’s Small Parcel carrier mix recommending an optimal mix of national and last mile carriers that minimizes cost and maximizes service levels.
- Work with the Supply Chain Analytics and Operations Research teams to scope out new warehousing and supply chain mechanisms that lower transit time while keeping costs at minimum.
Who you are:
- You have 0-2 years of experience in a business analytical/consulting role
- You have a Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or other concentrations with similar focus
- Not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership
- Creative and passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- *Bonus points if you have SQL experience
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.