The Operations Planning & Analysis team is looking to add an Ops Analyst to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: Operations Planning & Analysis is an internal consulting team that seeks to make things run more efficiently by using technology. The group serves as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Planning.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology.
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL and other software applications.
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy.
- Transportation Network Design: Our Network Optimization model in the US has led to implementation of a hub and spoke design for transportation to the customer. Future modeling efforts will also focus on Cross Border networks with Canada and Network Design in Europe.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Analyzing the key drivers of Product Performance in our supply chain network to identify the impact of variables like product sales mix shift and new packaging methods.
Who you are:
- You have 0-2 years of experience in a business analytical/consulting role
- You have a Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- *Bonus points if you have SQL experience
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.