The Strategic Operational Finance organization develops and manages the execution of the operational strategy for all Wayfair geographies (EU, US) and brands (Wayfair, All Modern, Joss and Main, Dwell Studios, Birch Lane, and Castlegate Fulfillment).
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote efficiency in and growth of our financial and business strategies for Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The role has broad visibility within the company and is an opportunity to learn about many areas of the business. The right candidate has strong quantitative and analytical skills. They have a passion for identifying root causes and developing scalable solutions. Candidates should also have a collaborative leadership style and a demonstrated ability to drive results in partnership with other teams at Wayfair.
- Help scope, develop and execute on our strategic supply chain initiatives. Work collaboratively to complete critical projects and timely deadlines. Examples include:
- Cost Management of the large parcel supply chain network
- Build and track financial models/reports for all asset based locations on a monthly, on-going basis
- Provide insights based on trend analysis for process improvements to asset based locations
- Assist in building out scenario modeling for our anticipated launches in our asset based location network
- Any ad-hoc analysis upon request
- Partner & coordinate with Finance/Accounting, Dedicated Operations and Transportation teams in support to their business goals/needs
- Identify and drive KPIs improvements within the flow of the supply chain network to continually increase efficiency, improve supplier/customer experience and minimize manual labor work
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Economics), with Finance/Accounting experience ideal; MBA preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of experience in data analytics and/or other data modeling
- Self- motivated, proactive and show strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work and collaborate successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and effectively communicate those insights to senior leaders
- Entrepreneurial spirit when data is not always complete or accurate; ability to work in an unknown environment and think outside of the box
- Unrelenting work ethic and sense of ownership to all tasks/deadlines/projects
- Expertise in Microsoft applications; especially Excel
- Experience in SQL preferred
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.