Every product has a story to tell. And as a Contract Junior Copywriter for Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands – Birch Lane, AllModern, and DwellStudio – you’ll play product storyteller, crafting item descriptions so they surprise, delight, and, in turn, drive sales.
A little bit about you:
You’re a sharp-witted, natural-born wordsmith.
Home decor? It’s more like a love affair.
Your attention to detail trumps everyone else’s. You notice the littlest things. Always.
You have a thing for grammar. That person who takes pics of errors on signs? Guilty….
Polished. Buttoned-up. Super self-motivated. You could go on.
You take direction like a pro – but you’re also not afraid to just run with it solo.
- Craft names & write smartly worded descriptions for new products added to the Birch Lane and DwellStudio assortment
- Understand how consumers interact with our sites and provide messaging to improve their experience
- Assist copywriters with daily projects and collaborate on brand voice initiatives
- Help maintain consistency and quality of product presentation on each site
- Provide copy for email campaigns, promotional events, and web enhancement projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of experience writing for a retail audience
- Strong writing and grammatical skills
- Motivated, self-starter attitude
- Able to multi-task and stay organized
- Strong work ethic – always willing to pitch in when needed
- A portfolio of work displaying creative ideas and strong writing skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
***Please include a cover letter and 3 relevant writing samples. Only candidates who provide samples will be considered for this position. Samples can be in several formats: A link to an online portfolio is ideal (please include URL on resume), but we will also accept blog entries
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent degree directly relevant to copywriting
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.