Wayfair is looking for a 3D Designer who is skilled at creating photo-realistic room renderings using 3D software and rendering programs.
Wayfair believes that the future of Visual Inspiration & Creative Layout story-telling will be don using virtual environments and detailed 3D models. The shift is already underway and we are looking to build a team to be at the forefront of this shift. Wayfair is one of the world’s largest retailers of home furniture and décor. We are looking for a talented 3D Artist / Designer to join a fast growing team and help.
- Build of a library of virtual environments (rooms, buildings, landscapes, etc…)
- Define modeling standards
- Develop camera, lighting, texture and material standards that result in accurate photo-realistic renders
- Develop a creative review process that helps maintain high quality
Applicants should have a portfolio of house, room or furniture models they have created and rendered that accurately represent their skill. If you’ve worked in the virtual world or gaming industry and are looking for a new challenge this is a great opportunity. Candidates without an online portfolio or samples of work will not be considered.
Key Skills And Experience
- Must be an experienced 3d Max and v-ray user
- Demonstrated ability to create photo-realistic renderings from 3D models
- Knowledge in lighting & texturing
- Familiarity with Blender, Sketchup, Solidworks a plus
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong design skills, and love of interior design. Strong sense of composition and perspective
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.