Associate Director, Online Video Marketing
Wayfair is looking for a strategic, analytical leader to aggressively drive our Online Video paid and organic campaigns across advertising platforms. Online Video is one of the fastest-growing advertising channels for Wayfair, and this person will be responsible for that continued growth. This is a leadership role where you will define overarching goals, articulate and execute tactical plans and monitor/manage key business metrics.
The Associate Director will work across multiple parts of the organization to execute on the growth vision he or she sets for the Online Video channel. This includes working with senior leaders and teams across departments including Marketing, Creative, Media Sales, Product Management and more.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in eCommerce.
- Manage the overall execution, performance and effectiveness of Wayfair’s Online Video channel (paid and organic)
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate channel marketing strategy, with an understanding and strategic view on all internal/external influences
- Partner closely with internal and external teams to drive best-in-class campaigns, driving the channel agenda and implementation
- Partner across the organization to develop internal marketing measurement tools and develop new capabilities to support brand marketing advertising channel efforts
- Recommend innovative strategies to drive Online Video growth across multiple markets
- Track competitive movements and ensure Wayfair programs are best-in-class
- Drive insights based on channel performance to shape future campaign and creative decisions
- Partner with internal creative team to develop Online Video content pipeline
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing small team of analysts
- Minimal travel required (~4-6 business trips/yr)
- 5-7 years online marketing experience OR experienced consultant or investment banker looking to make move to Internet commerce leader and take direct P&L accountability
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to deliver against complex initiatives
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to pivot readily
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- Flair and passion for interior decorating, design and retail a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business or Marketing preferred
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.