Wayfair is seeking a passionate, strategic, and operational leader with a proven track record of success to be the Director of Brand Operations at Wayfair. This leader will oversee the productivity and impact of proprietary lifestyle photography, brand development/promotions, and video infrastructure functions at Wayfair. The ideal candidate has a strong appreciation of creative and technical professionals alike, and has the ability to lead and motivate a variety of personalities through process improvement experimentation, and strategic program evaluation and redirection.
Leading a team of 20+ people, the Director of Brand Operations will be a key and integrated member of the marketing leadership team. This leader will drive process improvement and operational efficiency across several creative functions including, Marketing Calendar, Photo Studio, Video Infrastructure and Brand Management. We are looking for a strong communicator who can work cross-functionally to assess operational processes and seek out opportunities to not only look for improvement but also expand the reach of those already in place. This role will report to the VP of Brand and Consumer, and will be responsible for recruiting, managing and coaching a growing team and driving impact across departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic self-starter with high operational acumen and an entrepreneurial itch to make a big impact in a growing organization.
- Build, manage, and coach teams to meet deliverables by troubleshooting issues, building processes and tools, and driving growth
- Develop and execute a strategy for multiple functions in concert with overarching company and customer goals
- Analyze project, process, customer, or staff data to identify opportunities, and develop and implement recommendations with buy-in from senior management
- Leverage technology to enhance business goals and customer experience
- Work cross-functionally with Merchandising and Promotion teams to identify process improvements with creative brief requisition, buyer engagement, photo studio to socialize and streamline marketing calendar efforts across all relevant consumer touch points.
- Work with Head of Photo Creative on staffing, new hire training, KPI implementation, process improvement and pipeline testing. Responsibilities will include decision-making for expansion and efficiencies across all Wayfair brands.
- Work with head of Video Creative and head of TV Production to expand video infrastructure to include other advertising and content work streams. Responsibilities will also include hiring, training and managing existing team.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing team on strategic brand planning and socializing specific plans across functions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 8-12 years of experience working with product management, start up operations, consulting, strategy, retail or equivalent. Demonstrated success in directly relevant role(s).
- Master or MBA from top tier school or equivalent experience is preferred
- Analytically comfortable building a strategy and story using large data sets
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a team, delivering against aggressive targets and goals
- Experience working in fast-paced, technology driven, and high performance industry
- Experience in operational planning and implementation as a change agent
- Recognized effective manager and project leader, taking ownership of a complex project that managed multiple stakeholders and navigated cross-functional tradeoffs
- Track record of taking on innovative projects and big challenges, and delivering despite obstacles
- Organized, detail-oriented operational thinker who looks for (and finds) areas of improvement
- Comfortable with working with and motivating creative professionals
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.