Wayfair is looking for a User Experience design pro with a proven record of creating engaging experiences that foster repeat visitation. The ideal candidate is self-directed, analytical, and creative.
Executing interactive design and informing visual design as part of a multi-disciplinary team, our perfect candidate researches UX design trends and lives and breathes e-commerce best practices. At the end of the day, we want natural shoppers with the ability to dive into the customer mindset.
(IA) Information Architect Responsibilities
- Produce detailed IA documents, ensuring all details are distinct and user-friendly. All documents must clearly define the scope of the relevant project. These deliverables include: site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
Interaction Designer Responsibilities
- Make interaction recommendations based on existing Wayfair UX design standards and industry best practices
- Work closely with front-end developers to ensure user-facing experiences meet our interaction design standards
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Produce fully annotated wireframes and functional specifications
User Researcher Responsibilities
- Generate design prototypes to utilize during research
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Conduct research using the following techniques: competitive analysis, user interviews, usability testing, mall intercept, contextual inquiry, surveys, focus groups, card sorting
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app
- Oversee, plan, and scope UX team projects (rather than executing each project)
- Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
- 3+ years of UX design experience for consumers and consumer brands—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Exceptional knowledge of Sketch, PhotoShop the rest of the Adobe Suite
- Unfailing advocacy for the user. This should be demonstrated in concepts, user flows, wireframes, and features that work across devices to produce a seamless user experience
- Analytical thinking and a love of focusing on things like flow, scenarios, and usability
- Demonstrated passion for mobile design
- Prototyping that brings to life ideas that can be put into seamless user testing
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that have unclear direction or unknown variables
Please submit an online portfolio that includes e-commerce work, mobile wireframes, or comps, and demonstrates strategic thinking.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.