The profile of a Warehouse Lead is to assist your supervisor with managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse and ensuring smooth operations of all activities. An individual of this profile also requires overseeing warehouse associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading the team.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product.
- Conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (eg. Time clocks)
- Answer email/verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving at all times.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
Skills and Specifications:
- Working understanding of WMS system. Understanding of High Jump a plus.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- Motivational skills/ability to motivate others
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO)
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years working experience
- Must have excellent attendance, willing to work any shift
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.