Yard Shifter- PP/XD/DA locations
- Warehousing associate who will also perform the essential functions required in moving, spotting, backing, and inspecting tractor trailers in our yard. The yard driver portion of the job is expected to be about 50% of the role with the other 50% spent on warehousing functions
- Warehousing functions such as receiving, put away, picking, packing and shipping
- Perform the essential functions required in moving, spotting, backing, and inspecting tractor trailers.
- Perform Yard Management functions.
- Perform lot checks/trailer location sheet
- Check in drivers, sign documents, manage flow
- Maintain clean dock and yard areas
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a distribution/warehousing environment
- Must possess and demonstrate appropriate mechanical aptitude, as determined by the facility manager, to successfully perform the tasks associated with designated spotter/hostler position.
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license if required to operate company equipment.
- Experience maneuvering trailers is helpful.
- Pick, completely unpack and stage furniture for inspection
- Blanket wrap furniture and stage in outbound lanes
- Perform minor assembly using basic hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, cordless drill.etc)
- Carefully handle freight using appropriate equipment
- Assist with inspection of freight as required
- Load and unload both tractor trailers and straight trucks as required using appropriate equipment
- Use RF guns, computers and other equipment as directed and trained
- Maintain facilities and work areas in a safe and clean manner
- Operate Trash compactor or other waste devices as needed
- Ability and comfort moving large, heavy furniture (60+ lbs.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Essential Skills:
- Must be a good example to team: Good attendance, professional demeanor, no warnings etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a fast paced environment
- Must be PITO certified, or able to be certified
- Ability to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; including weekends and being on call
- Constantly required to use bending, twisting, walking motions on uneven surfaces throughout the entire work shift
- Must be able to work independently
- Employment is conditional, based on a drug screen
- Reference check
- Background check
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in annual sales in 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Wayfair.