SoundHound has amassed a global user community of well over 300 million strong, utilizing our portfolio of core technologies and award winning products. We incorporated NLU, AI and machine learning to create amazing speech-to-messaging products and platforms. If you haven’t downloaded SoundHound and Hound from the App Store, do it today, and have some fun with the apps!
We just recently opened our San Francisco engineering office to enable those who reside in the North Bay to be a part of SoundHound without the hassle of a long commute to the South Bay. Did we mention that we are at the corners of Market and Sutter? Our front door is 5 steps away from the Montgomery Street BART escalators-cool and convenient!
You would be one of the first engineers hired in San Francisco, so your input and ideas into the office culture and product innovations will be felt for years to come.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike.
We offer exceptional work/life balance, competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, daily catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music, search the Internet, AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.About the Role:
In this role, you will be a key member of the team extending our core NLU technologies to Japanese.
See these examples of what our technology is capable of in English:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUbK1yeYzAI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ONXea0mXg
You will be learning and using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, and AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
We’ve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to Japanese-specific use cases.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone hungry to take a very hands-on role extending our codebase in meaningful ways and getting a new product launched quickly.About You:
- You are excited about being one of the first people to become proficient in a new programming paradigm.
- Your dream job involves building/owning the systems that improve the lives of millions of users every day.
- You view coding as an art form, and your love of coding is second only to your love of deprecating even more code.
- You notice opportunities to improve the end user experience and are proactive about getting the details right.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong Japanese language communication skills
- Proficient in C/C++ and at least one scripting language
- Excellent algorithms skills, and ability to write efficient code
- Experience with data conditioning and relevance algorithms
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
How to Apply:
- Experience working with third-party APIs or datasets
- Experience working in a client-server Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Familiarity with text search and related systems
Please include a resume and a cover letter letting us know why you'd like to work at SoundHound in particular!